Wednesday, May 21, 2014

V-Day and then some

Dear Munchkin,

As of today, I am 25 weeks.  Last week, 24 weeks, was an important milestone: Viability Day.  Babies born at 24 weeks have a 50/50 shot at surviving. On my forum, it's called V-Day and we all celebrate it. Of course, we want you to keep cooking for a lot longer, but it's still comforting to know we've made it this far.

I still feel you moving around, and it's still exciting every time - not much in the way of deliberate kicks, but apparently yesterday you kicked or punched the transducer my doctor uses to hear your heartbeat hard enough to move it!  I love that you're already feisty.  The appointment went well - you're measuring right on track, and my doctor is pleased.

This weekend, Daddy and I are going on our babymoon - our last weekend trip as a family of two instead of three.   We are just planning to relax a lot.

I love you so much, baby girl.  Beyond words.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment